In Rehearsal-nomics: 27 Steps to Preventing Band Rehearsal Frustration, author R.D. Aragon talks you through the necessary steps in putting together a band rehearsal. We all know that getting everybody together for practice can be a nightmare. But with this book, it doesn’t have to be!
Music is about having fun, jamming and cutting lose. It certainly isn’t about waiting for people to show up, wondering if you sent the emails out to everybody, nor is it about squeezing just enough time in for a rocking rehearsal only for it to be cut short because the bass guitarist isn’t on the same page as the rest of you!
Rehearsal-nomics will not only show you twenty-seven awesome frustration saving steps but it will guide you on how to implement them. Following this guide, you’ll be able to achieve a frustration-free rehearsal before you know it! And the best part is, it will leave you and your band members more time to put together great music! And with great music, comes great gigs! Making it all come together can seem daunting, but Rehearsal-nomics has you covered. Speaking of covered, here’s what’s covered in this book!
• Create a set list – deciding the right songs to rehearse.
• Set up time – making a date and sticking to it.
• Warm up – everybody needs a good warm-up!
• Beginning rehearsal – coming together as a team!
• Know your tunes – making sure all members know the set
• Visualization – see the music
• Time wasting – how not to do it
• Tempos – keeping it steady
• Choruses – practice makes perfect.
• Repetition – doing it until it feels natural.
• Performing the whole set – working out the kinks
• Sound Engineers – how to get along with them.
• Professionalism – being a pro!
• Encouragement – giving props where props is due!
Being a cohesive team is what it’s all about. And with this great guide, R.D. Aragon shows you how to achieve such a lofty task. Following this guide is the key to a frustration-free rehearsal!